Chocolate Protein Avocado Pudding
When I get snacky, I rarely ever crave something sweet.
I like my salty and savory foods. Chips, popcorn, pretzels, pita and hummus, THESE are my snack foods.
But sometimes, a girl just craves chocolate. It's not rational, but when that craving hits it's often better to indulge it than to try and repress it.
Especially if it's your "time of the month", when you'd consider burning down a village to get your hand on a Snickers.
It's usually about this time that I blend up some chocolate avocado pudding! You know, spare the villagers...
Not only did I successfully bust my chocolate craving, but I found a tasty post-workout snack that I could store in the fridge for a week, or bring to work as a "bridge snack" between lunch and dinner. The recipe is good for 3-4 servings and is great on it's own or topped with fresh fruit, shredded coconut, or almond slivers!
Chocolate Protein Avocado Pudding (serves 3-4)
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond/coconut/cashew milk (or regular milk if that's your thing!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- Chocolate protein powder (45g protein **I use Vege Pro-Z Chocolate)
- 3.5 tbsp maple syrup
1) Blend all ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth. If the consistency is too thick add 1 tsp more milk at a time and blend until it's right. If it's too THIN try adding another 1/2 avocado, or a little more protein powder.
2) Serve on it's own or topped with the fixin's of your choice (I like shredded coconut and fresh fruit, but you could also do slivered almonds, cracked sea salt, whatever you like!)
3) Store whatever is left in the fridge, it will last about a week!