This salad is ANYTHING but lack luster! If you're looking for an "Epic" level salad to serve up with some kind of citrus-y based meal (for example, my Lemon Orange and Herb Roasted Chicken dish), this is the salad you're going to want to make!
Plus... Cilantro! Need I say more?
Lemon Cilantro and Onion Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 2 Plum tomatoes sliced thick
- 1 avocado peeled pitted and chopped
1) Whisk together lemon juice, oil, lime juice and salt. Season with pepper to taste, then whisk again
2) Add the onion and cilantro to the lemon mixture and stir well, making sure the onions are covered by the liquid. Set aside for 15 minutes to let the flavours mix. You can also prepare earlier in the day and refrigerate.
3) Put the lettuce in a large bowl and top with broccoli, tomatoes and avocado . Just before serving, pour the onion and lemon mixture over the lettuce and toss well