Move over chicken noodle, there’s a new kid in town and he is deeeelicious.
This soup is sweet and hearty, perfect for dinner on a cooler evening... or for showing off as a starter (because it's not just tasty, but pretty too!)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 head cauliflower, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt, pepper & chili pepper flakes to taste
- *Optional - add honey for sweetness without thinning! I use about 1 tbsp, but it depends on how sweet the sweet potato is
1) In a large soup pot, boil sweet potatoes in water until soft. Strain & remove from pot into large bowl.
2) In the same pot, add all remaining vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, ginger) with the soup broth. Cook over medium-high heat until veggies are soft. While this is happening, mash the potatoes!
3) Using a blender, fill 3/4 with the softened veggie/soup mix and 1/4 full of the potato mix and blend until smooth and then transfer to large bowl. When everything has been mixed together, pour back into the soup pot.
4) Simmer your soup, adding the apple juice, cream, and spices. Adjust these ingredients until you get the exact taste and texture you’re after! Serve warm, ideally with some crusty bread!
xxox - Laura